Friday, June 10, 2011

Comfort will turn you soft

On a recent trip to Frankfurt to do a little work, I was reminded about how hard the beds are here! When I first moved here I remarked that it was a little like in the traditional houses of thailand (without the heat) where the beds were so hard you might as well just put a pillow on the floor and be just as comfortable there. The hotel I was in had these same type beds and you just can't avoid waking up 16 times through the night with dead arms or legs… getting rid of pins and needles at 3 in the morning is truly not fun.

Thankfully we solved this problem in our home. After some time on trying to get used to a hard bed in Germany, developing a painful back, we invested in a memory foam overlay thing 7 inches thick and heavy as the whole bed itself. The positive side was that I've never felt more comfortable in my own bed (where I'm writing this now, its just so comfy!) but the down side is, I never want to sleep anywhere else, ever again!

Below is the night view of Frankfurt from my room which partially made up for painful sleep, reminded me of times when I lived in the city…. ahhh, I am a city girl at heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To Comment