Monday, September 06, 2010

First day in Germany…


Pretzel for breakfast (surprise?), blew up my hair dryer (ooops, forgot to switch the voltage!!), drove 210km/h on the Autobahn, went to the local Castle, dropped into France for lunch and then went to a supermarket where I picked up facewash that I couldn't translate - so here's hoping its facewash!


My beau's mother speaks to me in German just hoping I'll pick words up or eventually figure it out what she is saying and then he gets confused which language he is speaking in to who and what language to translate it into - hilarious!


Not bad first day with jet-lag and some sunshine!


Favourite badly translated word of the day: AFTER. In German, it means Anus!


2 comments:

  1. Haha, sounds like a fantastic first day! I fly off to Oz tomorrow - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clairey your a crack up! Keep making us Aussies proud (especially as you exit the freeway).

    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Comment