Monday, October 04, 2010

Eat My Words

It will be hard enough having to retrain my brain on the alphabet, numbers and grammar.. but here is something I never thought I'd come across…. animal noises are different.

When adults ask the child "What noise does the rooster make?" a completely different noise comes out


Stewie from family guy summed it up perfectly for me here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1n0zdeTaRk


I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...


Today I started my first day of german language school. Its in the heart of Heidelberg and when we move house into Heidelberg (November), it'll be about a 5 minute walk thankfully (instead of the 1 hour 45 min commute now). I'm in a class of 10 people, me and 9 middle eastern men who speak a touch of english and no german either. Practising german with each other proves to be harder than expected due to heavy accents on both sides and therefore causing more confusion. Also being the only female in the class may prove interesting (or lonely) when the men only wish to talk amongst themselves. The teacher seems very patient (thankfully) but the speed of which they expect you to pick it up I will find challenging.


They say the key to learning a language is the more people speak to me in German, the more it should seep into my brain and I'll understand. It seems like that method - so far - isn't quite working - I have a permanent blank look on my face in school and when buying lunch in the city.


PS. it seems I may have jinx'ed myself (well, or someone else) with the last post. Tomorrow I'm off to a funeral at the very same graveyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To Comment