Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wine festival and a christening

So when we moved back to Neustadt, there was a wine festival going on. We also had a christening for Hubbys nephew where he was the godfather. Some things blog worthy to note of the christening with pictures: 
- more professionally made cakes for 40 people at a christening party than a wedding of 200 people! (5 to be exact)
- I was the only person in the church not singing the hymns (they were in German!) and not crossing myself - because I'm not catholic - but I was sitting in the 1st row in front of the priest - slightly awkward... (pic of hubby and the baby/god-son)
- The after celebration was so infested with bugs, I couldn't drink my beer before they got into it - this was after 10 mins of leaving it alone...
Highlights of the wine festival:
- people dressed like they were at a rodeo or one really strange guy who was in shorts so high his man parts were dangling out (tried to get an inconspicuous shot below...)
- drinking out of huge glasses
- 70% of people were over 50, we were definitely the minority
 

 - and some ones of us...












No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free To Comment